- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 2 Tbsp white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 EverCrisp apple, diced
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, cut in slabs or wedges
- ½ c pecans or walnuts
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- Add oil and shallots to a pan over medium heat. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add chipotle powder, cinnamon, maple syrup, vinegar, and salt. Mix and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add apples to dressing and toss. Serve warm over iceberg wedges. Top with chopped nuts and fresh thyme.