(in partnership with Alex Adelborgh @daisybeet)
These healthy whole wheat morning glory muffins are such a treat to wake up to! They’re filled with good-for-you ingredients like shredded apples, carrots, and raisins.
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cardamom
2 tbsp flax meal
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup almond milk
⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 cups grated carrots
1 KORU apple, grated
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1.Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2.In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, flax meal, and brown sugar.
- 3.In another bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, eggs, and maple syrup.
- 4.Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix to combine.
- 5.Stir in grated carrots, apple, raisins, and walnuts.
- 6.Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about ¾ full.
- 7.Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8.Let muffins cool before removing.