(in partnership with Alex Adelborgh @daisybeet)
Say hello to your new favorite salad! This shredded Brussels sprout salad is crunchy, lemony, cheesy, and a little bit sweet. It’s perfect for meal prep!
1/2 cup slivered almonds
16 oz Brussels sprouts (about 4 cups whole sprouts)
5 cups kale
2 SnapDragon apples, finely chopped into matchsticks
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
4 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp maple syrup
3 tbsp olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2.Toast almonds on an unlined baking sheet for 5-8 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- 3.Wash and slice off the ends of the Brussels sprouts.
- 4.Shred Brussels sprouts using the slicing blade of a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and wipe out food processor container.
- 5.Repeat the same shredding process with the kale using the same food processor blade. Transfer kale to the mixing bowl.
- 6.Add sliced apples, parmesan cheese, and lemon zest to the bowl.
- 7.To make dressing, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil as you continue to whisk, until dressing is cohesive.
- 8.Pour dressing over the salad, and toss until everything is well coated in dressing.