- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tsp salt, divided in half
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided in half
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ small white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 SnapDragon® apples, sliced
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh sage, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the pan as it is heating.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops on both sides with ½ tsp each of salt, pepper, and ground cinnamon. Add the pork chops to the hot skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes until browned. Then, flip the pork chops and sear the other side for 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from the skillet and place onto a plate. Set aside.
- Add the butter, apples, onions, garlic, remaining salt and pepper, sage, and thyme to the skillet. Stir together and sauteé for 5-7 minutes until the apples are soft. You should be able to poke a fork easily into them.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Then, add in the chicken stock and heavy cream. Give it a stir and let the sauce simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add in the pork chops back into the skillet, nestling them in between the apples. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops. Serve warm with fresh herbs, if desired.