Yields 6 Servings
2 lbs. pork tenderloin, silverskin removed and cut into 1 ½ in. cubes
2-3 medium apples, cut into 1 ½ in. cubes (Honeycrisp—make sure apples are on the tart side)
1 medium red onion or 2 small shallots, cut into 1 in. chunks
Extra virgin olive oil
½ c. freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
1 tsp orange zest
2 cloves finely minced garlic (sub 1 tsp garlic powder)
1 Tbsp coarse Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 ½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp onion powder
Optional: fresh parsley to garnish
6 metal skewers (or 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30+ minutes)
- 1.In a non-reactive bowl (ceramic or glass), whisk together ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Set aside and refrigerate 1/4 of mixture to brush onto skewers while grilling.
- 2.Marinate cubes of pork, apple, and onion/shallot in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- 3.Preheat grill to medium heat and brush 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil on the grates to prevent sticking.
- 4.Stack alternating cubes of marinated pork, apple, and onion on skewers. Grill, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes on each side, rotating throughout the cooking process. Baste skewers with reserved marinade and continue grilling/turning until apples are tender and pork internal temperature reads 145º F.
- 5.Garnish with parsley and serve warm.