- 1 1/2 lbs of ground chicken (preferably thighs or dark meat)
- 2 slices of thick bacon
- 1 KORU apple, peeled & quartered (save the peels)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of fennel seed
- 1 tsp of celery seed
- 1 tsp of mustard powder
- 1/2 cup of panko or rice crumbs for GF
- 1 whole egg
- KORU apple peels
- 1/2 of KORU apple diced
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs dijon
- 1 tbs organic ketchup
- 2 tbs of soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup of bourbon
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1tbs of cornstarch
- 1 tbs of butter
- In a food processor, add KORU Apple, bacon, onion, garlic cloves, & pulse until minced. Add ground chicken, minced mixture, spices, 1/2 of your panko or rice crumbs, & whole egg to large bowl and fold in until everything is incorporated. Be sure not to over work to maintain a nice light meatball.
- Take a mini cookie scoop and portion out meatballs. Using other half of panko, season with salt & pepper and roll formed meatballs, coating all around.
- You can bake these in the oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes on sprayed cookie sheet. Or fry in a skillet with sunflower oil and finish in the oven.
- In a medium saucepan, add peels, apple, brown sugar, spices, dijon, ketchup & soy sauce on medium heat. Stir and allow the sauce to come to a bubble for about 3-5 minutes. Add in bourbon of your choice and continue to cook down for about 5-8 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, mix in a tbs of water with cornstarch to create a slurry. Add slurry to your glaze mixture to help thicken. Cook for about 8 minutes and remove from heat. Strain glaze through a sieve and return glaze to saucepan.
- Your glaze should be nice and reduced, from here, you’ll add 1/4 cup of water to think out just a bit. Finish with butter, salt & pepper, and generously coat your prepared meatballs. If you like things a little spicy then finish with dried chili flakes. Serve w scallion garnish on a skewer or something that makes you feel fancy and enjoy with your favorite happy hour beverage!