(in partnership with Eric @beardedbeastbbq)
Sit back and watch your grill do all the work in creating this sweet take on the fan-favorite bloomin’ onion!
2 SnapDragon apples
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 soft caramel candies
optional: vanilla ice cream
- 1.Preheat grill to 350º F.
- 2.Cut out the core of each apple while keeping the base intact.
- 3.Make two circular cuts inside the apple and then make 8 vertical cuts down the sides to create small sections of apple (be sure not to cut all the way through, or the apple will fall apart on the grill).
- 4.Mix melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together and brush generously over the apples. Place a caramel candy in the hollowed-out center of the apple.
- 5.Grill for an hour. Top with vanilla ice cream and serve hot.