- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1-in. cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 large SweeTango apple, diced
- 8 c curly kale, stems removed and cut into bite size pieces
- ⅓ c pepitas
- ¼ c dried cranberries
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ c olive oil
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp honey mustard
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 415º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss butternut squash in 1 Tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cinnamon. Spread out on one of the baking sheets.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in the remaining olive oil, plus a generous shake of salt and pepper. Place on the other baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes until fork tender and beginning to brown.
- Toast the pepitas. Heat a small skillet over medium heat on the stovetop and add pepitas. Toast for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Pepitas will be done when they begin to turn brown.
- Prepare the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a small jar. Close the jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add kale, roasted vegetables, apples, toasted pepitas, dried cranberries, and goat cheese to a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and toss well to combine everything and coat all the ingredients in the dressing.