(in partnership with Alex Adelborgh @daisybeet)
This recipe is so easy to make, it uses shelf-stable pantry ingredients, and you can have it for a healthy breakfast all week!
2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten-free)
1/2 cup brown rice crisp cereal
1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2.Combine oats, brown rice crisps, cashews, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix.
- 3.In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- 4.Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together well.
- 5.Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- 6.Let the granola cool completely, then use your hands to break into large clusters.
- 7.Top with sautéed Yes! Apples