- 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 3 KORU apples (peeled, cored, thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ c dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg & cardamom
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ c chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked (for egg wash)
- demerara sugar
- 1 ¼ c sifted powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 12 x 12 in. and cut into six (6) 4 x 6 in. rectangles. With a small knife, lightly score a ½ in. border around the inside of each rectangle (be careful not to cut all the way through).
- In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, spices, and flour. Leaving the borders clear, overlap your apples in the middle of each pastry. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top.
- Brush the borders with egg wash and sprinkle with demerara sugar (any coarse sugar works).
- Bake at 400º F on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes or until desired browning.
- Once completely cooled, whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over the pastries. Enjoy as-is or top with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream!