(in partnership with Jamie Koll @girlswhoeat)
These bars with coconut butter and maple glaze are about to up your adventure days to the next level!
1 ½ c pitted dates
1 KORU apple, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
½ tsp + ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
½ c pecans
½ c almonds
½ cup dessicated coconut flakes
½ Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
½ c coconut butter
3 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1.Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- 2.While the dates soak, preheat air fryer to 370º F for 4 minutes.
- 3.Add apples to a small bowl and toss with ½ tsp ground cinnamon.
- 4.Line air fryer with tin foil, leaving some holes exposed. Add apples to tin foil and cook for 10 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- 5.Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- 6.Add dessicated coconut and dates to the food processor and blend for about 15 seconds, then add water, vanilla extract, remaining ground cinnamon, salt, and ¾ of the cooked apples and blend until a dough forms.
- 7.Line an 8 in. x 8 in. baking pan with parchment paper and add the date dough, spreading evenly in a ¾-1 in. thick layer.
- 8.Freeze bars for 5-10 minutes.
- 9.Make the glaze: in a food processor or using a hand mixer, combine glaze ingredients until smooth and icing-like in consistency.
- 10.Remove bars from the freezer and top with glaze, then sprinkle with remaining apples. Return to freezer for 30 minutes, then cut into equal sized squares. Store in the refrigerator.