- 1 ½ c pitted dates
- 1 KORU apple, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
- ½ tsp + ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ c pecans
- ½ c almonds
- ½ cup dessicated coconut flakes
- ½ Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ c coconut butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- While the dates soak, preheat air fryer to 370º F for 4 minutes.
- Add apples to a small bowl and toss with ½ tsp ground cinnamon.
- Line air fryer with tin foil, leaving some holes exposed. Add apples to tin foil and cook for 10 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add dessicated coconut and dates to the food processor and blend for about 15 seconds, then add water, vanilla extract, remaining ground cinnamon, salt, and ¾ of the cooked apples and blend until a dough forms.
- Line an 8 in. x 8 in. baking pan with parchment paper and add the date dough, spreading evenly in a ¾-1 in. thick layer.
- Freeze bars for 5-10 minutes.
- Make the glaze: in a food processor or using a hand mixer, combine glaze ingredients until smooth and icing-like in consistency.
- Remove bars from the freezer and top with glaze, then sprinkle with remaining apples. Return to freezer for 30 minutes, then cut into equal sized squares. Store in the refrigerator.