(in partnership with Alex Adelborgh @daisybeet)
Say hello to your new favorite breakfast treat – this apple cinnamon overnight sourdough French toast bake! It’s easy to make and everyone will love it.
1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into 2 inch chunks
2 Fuji apples, diced
1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/2 tbsp apple pie spice
8 large eggs
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1.Place bread chunks in a large mixing bowl.
- 2.Toss apples with 1/2 tbsp cinnamon and apple pie spice. Add to the bread bowl and toss to combine.
- 3.In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs.
- 4.Add almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and remaining cinnamon to eggs. Whisk together to combine.
- 5.Pour egg mixture over the bread and apples. Mix together to evenly coat each piece.
- 6.Cover the bowl and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- 7.When ready to bake in the morning: preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8.Spray a 9″x13″ glass baking dish with coconut oil spray.
- 9.Pour bread and apple mixture into the baking dish in an even layer.
- 10.Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is starting to crisp and brown.
- 11.Slice and serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup.