- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 ⅓ Tbsp kosher salt
- ½ SnapDragon apple, sliced
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ c apple cider
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ c heavy cream
- Prepare pork chops: one hour prior to cooking, add 1 c apple cider, 3 Tbsp salt, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, and pork chops to a large ziplock or non-reactive bowl (ceramic or glass). Refrigerate.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is heating, take out pork chops and pat completely dry. Season with remaining salt.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to heated skillet. Once butter begins to brown, sear pork chops on each side until brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops and set aside. Add remaining butter to the skillet along with sliced apples. Cook apples for 30 seconds or until lightly browned. Remove.
- Add apple cider vinegar and mustard to skillet drippings. Whisk until combined, then add heavy cream and sliced apples. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops to skillet and place in the oven at 350º F for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 145º F.